Well here it is Tuesday already. Can I please tell you how much I HATE my job? There I said it. Ah, that feels better.
For the love of all things that are holy can I PLEASE just stay home with these precious little babies? I just wish it were possible. We have a goal of that being possible in approximately 3 1/2 months but if in fact that can really happen is anyone's guess. I guess we will just have to wait and see. I just wish I KNEW, you know? I think just being able to know that there is an end in sight, a light at the end of the tunnel, a ray of sunshine, I think just knowing that would make things so much more bearable for me. Instead the unknown weighs me down like a snow storm coming to unfurl all its got on me...oh great.
Nick has started 12 hour days. I can't remember if I told you this or not (and frankly am too lazy to look it up right now) but he eventually will be working 12 hour days on 3rd shift...doesn't that sound like a jolly good time? However right now he is working 12 hour days monday through friday until he gets through training.
He said its boring. I hate not talking to him. I feel lonely and depleted. He's my other half. It would be like if you had to duct tape your left arm behind you for 12 hours...I mean it would just suck.
Anyway, I guess the day went well yesterday...it was only his first day so I am trying not to judge. After all everyone's first days suck, right? But I didn't get to see him due to scheduling conflicts until well past 6:30 and even then it felt more utilitarian than anything. Here's your dinner, go walk the dog, lets go to bed.
I am hoping this is not going to be life as we now know it. It can't be, can it? Please someone out there in the wide, wide world of sports please tell me that its not.
In other news I over slept today and awoke with something seriously stuck in my hair. I still have not deciphered what it was. I didn't wash my hair today because of the running late...I'm not ashamed to say it. I pulled the hair that takes 2 hours to style into a ponytail to hide the mattedness of it...later I cut the mattedness out in a storage room and kept the hair in my pocket for further analysis...again not ashamed. The only thing I can figure out is I slept drove to the store, purchased some blue frosting, ate blue frosting, and then smeared said frosting all over the under part of the back of my head. I then turned off my alarm and went back to sleep, where I managed to over sleep until 30 minutes before work began. Plausable, right?
Well I think that is it for now. I think my other number one question right now would be why in God's name doesn't Emma EVER wake up right from a nap? Its either with screaming "I'M AWAKE!" or she is catapulting something out of her bed in order to smack one wall or another. Ah, joy, off to see what she threw today.
Linds2 Comments